Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Glance Back

Originally, my main plan on traveling Finland this winter was to watch the Northern Light, but unfortunately, I have to still keep it in my bucket list. We cannot beat the weather, that's the traveling...

However, we, my traveling friend Mr. B and I, had a good time indeed.
So many first time experiences like driving husky sleigh, driving snow mobiles on the frozen sea, riding reindeer sleigh, ice fishing, sleeping in snow hotel, dining in snow restaurant, floating on the frozen sea, traveling on an ice breaker, digging in Amethyst mine, sleeping in a glass igloo room and eating reindeer meat.
We didn't experience -20degC though, don't know we should be happy or not, though we were prepared to it.

Finland it's an expensive country for traveling especially for the winter activities in Lapland and the hotels. Somehow I found Finnish people is friendly.

Maybe I would come back again, in search of the Northern Light, and ski to other Lapland cities, like Saariselska and Levi, staying in other igloo glass hotel like Kakslauttanen.

Not often I got a friend to travel together, happy that Mr. B could join me. Happy also to meet our new friend Mr. R, who took us around to several places. Hope to travel with these guys again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment